Let’s travel through my previous blog posts for this weeks Top Ten Tuesday shall we? As promised in my Mid Year Freak Out tag, here’s a new list of all the books I said I would read, but haven’t read yet.
The first list I make each year, is my yearly reading list. Considering this list was 23 books long, I still have quite some to go! These are:
- House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
- The English Spie by Danny Silva
- The Ultimate Discworld Companion by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Briggs
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Pyramids by Terry Pratchett
- Hannibal by Thomas Harris
- The Classic Horror Stories by H.P. Lovecraft
- The Code Book by Simon Singh
- The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie
- Threadwalkers by Joanna Volavka
My second list was one to continue the series I was reading by the start of the year. I can tell you, I’ve read some, I even finished two series, but, I also added more series. So I should actually make a new series list again… But first, let’s see what I’ve read of the series I decided to focus on because that’s still quite a few.
- Citadel (Languedoc #3) by Kate Mosse
- The Winterhouse Mysteries (Winterhouse #3) by Ben Guterson with Chloe Bristol
- At Bertram’s Hotel (Miss Marple #11) by Agatha Christie
- Nightblind (Dark Iceland #2) by Ragnar Jónasson
- Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy #2) by Stephen King
- If It Bleeds (Holly Gibney #2) by Stephen King
Here’s a list I’ve done well on! Finally! My Spring TBR list has only one book left. Yay!
I would be cheating myself if I didn’t include my most recent additions to my book shelves. And ehm, I’ve only read one so far? Still to read are:
- Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris
- Veritas by Rita Monaldi and Francesco Sorti
- The Machine that Changed the World by Womack, Jones and Rose
- Aquarel Workshop by Julia Woning
- Nieuwe Flora in Kleur by Skytte Christiansen and Anthon
- The Nutcracker pop-up book by Fleetwood and Gili
Woops! I could make excuses, some of these are seasonal reads and I won’t get to them before winter/Christmas, but we all know how that ends… The basic fact is, I’m not done reading yet!
How about you, have you sticked to your TBR’s or is your reading all over the place instead?
I hope you love all of these books whenever you may read them!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-from-my-past-seasonal-tbr-posts-i-still-havent-read/
Thank you Lydia!
I’ve been wanting to read Terry Pratchett, but haven’t managed it yet. Hope you enjoy these when you’re able to get to them.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
I can get why it’s a bit daunting, since there are so many books. But I promise you it’s worth it! You could perhaps start by choosing one of the smaller series within DiscWorld to get you going.
I read Hannibal. I don’t remember loving it as much as the other books, but maybe the movie tainted it for me. I can’t remember.
I guess I will find out soon, as our bookclub is reading one of the four every month since June. You made me curious now though, as I do enjoy the movies a lot.
I hope you enjoy all of these whenever you read them.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/26/top-ten-tuesday-378/
Thank you Jo!
The Pale Horse is not the usual Christie novel, but it is one that I enjoyed for that very reason! And I am currently about halfway through Bertram’s Hotel. I hope to finish it this week. But so many other books keep needing attention.
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
The TBR indeed never gets smaller. I didn’t know about Pale Horse though, you’ve made me curious now!